Full article here:
Britain’s press is controlled by the same networks of people as run everything else. Is it really free?
1) The billionaires that own the press set the agenda
2) Corporate advertising revenue censors the content
3) Privately educated white men dominate the media
4) The political use of supposedly neutral sources
5) The intelligence services manipulate the press
What are the alternatives?
Our media system is deeply compromised. However there is some hope for the future as ideas not normally in the corporate media are increasingly being distributed through other channels – especially through the internet, alternative media and media co-operatives.